Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Herps in SC

Living in SC has been pretty warm. I've already found some interesting birds (Summer Tanagers seem to appear on every walk I take). But last night Lisa and I took a casual evening stroll through a nearby park. Shortly after arriving (while trying to find an entrance to the building with a bathroom, I went to open a door and found a surprise:

I believe it to be a Green Tree Frog!

Later in the walk as it was starting to get dark, a couple ladies passed us and said there was a snake ahead on the trail. Sure enough, this fellow was moving across the path! Now Lisa and I have seem to have a knack for finding poisonous snakes. The last three live snakes we have seen are as follows: Cottonmouth, Eastern Timber Rattlesnake, and now......Copperhead!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That's a nice looking snake!

    That is a Green Tree Frog. I just saw my first in Maryland last week!

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete