Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm Alive!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all. Been a while since I last posted. I may backtrack and do a few posts from trips over the last few months.

But, for now, I will catch you up on recent occurences.....there haven't been too many. I've been working a lot, doing yard work alot, and have very little free time to get out and about.

But, in my yard this month I've already recorded 51 species of birds and a handful of butterflies so that's been good.

The yard/field across the street highlights are as follows:
May 3 - 3 singing male Northern Parulas and a singing Prairie Warbler
May 4 - 1 American Redstart, 3 Yellowthroats, 1 Prairie Warbler
May 6 - a male Blue Grosbeak, a singing Blackpoll Warbler, a singing Yellow Warbler
May 7 - Brown Thrasher, Osprey, American Kestrel
May 9 - a male Scarlet Tanager flyover, a Great Crested Flycatcher, 2 E Kingbirds
May 10 - a male Indigo Bunting, Blackpoll Warblers continue

The latest interesting butterflies in the yard have been an American Copper, a Silver Spotted Skipper, and a Red Spotted Purple. Eastern Tiger Swallowtails have become regular in the last few days, as well as American Ladys.

I'll be doing a herping post soon from a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment